You can either request new Drupal website for your department or migrate your existing website to Drupal.
In the later case, if your existing site is in SF State template, we can even import your content to Drupal! You just have to clean up the imported content before going live.
Get your Drupal site:
It is best to contact your college's site administrator regarding the creation of Drupal sites.
The basic steps are as below:
- Review the policy on who can have a department site and what your responsibilities are and then request a site.
ITS will contact you to schedule a meeting to collect requirements.
ITS will then analyze the information and build a demo site.
ITS will then demonstrate the Drupal site along with basic training.
Work on getting your demo site ready for Production.
Try the lessons to learn the basics of Drupal.
Organize and clean up imported content.
- Use the SF State Gateway to add users to your site roles: editors, publishers, and administrators.
- Customize the template for your site.
- Secure restricted content and apply the internal theme.
- Subscribe to the SF State Drupal community mailing list
Once you are happy with the demo site, go through the checklist