This is applicable only for Drupal 6.
You may want certain sections of your website to only be visible to a group of people, for example procedure pages that only your department staff should have access.
To restrict a page, first create a Role as described in <Roles and Groups>.
- Open the page you want to restrict.
- Click on the View/Edit Permissions link at the bottom of the page.
- Here you can check the boxes for which roles should have access and remove the checks for the roles that should not.
To update permissions for many pages at once:
- Go to Content management -> Content -> List.
- Check the boxes beside the content you want to update permissions for.
- Select "Grant ..." or "Revoke ..." for the role in the Update options dropdown.
- Click the Update button.
Note: For SF State sites, all public content must use the sfsu theme.